Join the Office of Intercultural Affairs for a webinar on:
Campus Climate in the Post-Election Era
A NASPA Online Learning Community Webinar
Friday, November 18, 2016
2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
From the NASPA Website:
This fall has seen an increase in the number of individual bias incidents on campus – many of which have gone viral, and resulted in campus leadership under heightened scrutiny for its response. Since November 8, these incidents have increased, leaving many Muslim, LGBTQIA+, undocumented, Latinx and Black students feeling less safe and more anxious than before the election.
Join us for this live briefing with Chief Student Affairs Officers from a diverse range of institutions for a dialogue about how to engage with students across campus to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all students as we move forward from the election. This interactive dialogue with senior student affairs officers, Vice Presidents, and faculty will be facilitated by Dr. Shaun Harper, Professor and Executive Director, Center for the Study of Race and Equity in Education.
- Mamta Accapadi, Vice President of Student Affairs, Rollins College
- Quincy Martin, Associate Vice President, Student Affairs, Triton College
- Larry Moneta, Vice President for Student Affairs, Duke University
- Ajay Nair, Senior Vice President and Dean of Campus Life, Emory University
- Thomas Parham, Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs, University of California, Irvine
- Penny Rue, Vice President for Campus Life, Wake Forest University
This program is sponsored by:
Unable to make the webinar? Follow the conversation on Twitter with the hashtag #Next4Years!
Visit our live calendar for a listing of upcoming events.