9th Annual Conference on Diversity and Inclusion
Wednesday, October 25, 2017
4:00pm – 8:00pm
Martin Institute for Law & Society
The Conference on Diversity and Inclusion is an annual event that seeks to bring together students, faculty, staff, and community members to discuss diversity, equity, and inclusion at Stonehill College. The conference serves as venue for sharing programs, curriculum ideas, teaching practices, student experiences, and leadership development practices that strive to create a culture of belong at the College.
Registration is NOW OPEN for the Conference on Diversity and Inclusion. All Stonehill faculty, staff, and students are strongly encouraged to attend. Register by Wednesday, October 18, 2017 to ensure your spot!
CALL FOR PROGRAM PROPOSALS!
We are now accepting program proposals for the 2017 Conference on Diversity and Inclusion. We are looking for Stonehill community members to offer presentations, workshops, lectures, or other interactive media to engage our participants through further development of knowledge, awareness, and skills on a wide array of topics surrounding diversity and inclusion. We encourage proposals that meet the learning goals of the conference and provide new, innovative perspectives on diversity and inclusion topics. Examples of possible session topic areas to submit for consideration may include, but are not limited to:
- Inclusive educational practices to enhance classroom climate
- Human resource and student personnel management and development
- Student leadership development and training around intercultural competence
- Civic engagement, social issues, and global citizenship
- Ally development, cultural competence, and bystander intervention trainings
- Cultural considerations for working with diverse populations
- Popular culture and media representation with regards to diversity and identity
- Diversifying the academic curriculum
- Exploring the social justice philosophy behind our Catholic identity and mission
- Intersections of social identities and social oppression
We are offering four concurrent sessions during a 60-minute time block to take place in Martin Institute for Law & Society, and we will notify all individuals who submitted a proposal whether or not their program has been accepted.
DEADLINE FOR PROGRAM PROPOSALS: Friday, September 22, 2017
NOTIFICATION OF PROPOSAL PROPOSAL STATUS: Wednesday, September 27, 2017
PLEASE NOTE: If you submit a proposal for the conference, you must also register for the conference, even if you are only able to attend during the time of your presentation.
Visit our Conference on Diversity and Inclusion webpage to learn more. Check us out at tinyurl.edu/StonehillCDI.